Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering of SISTec Ratibad conducted industrial visit at Surveillance System of Traffic Police, Bhopal for III SEM, V SEM and VII SEM students, on 24 October 2019. 15 students participated in this visit and learnt about current traffic management system. Mr. Kuldeep Singh (SI, Radio) and Mr. Vipin from Honeywell shared following key points:
1. Road never talks and it always gives direction.
2. Importance of third eye (Camera). Bhopal has a total of 153 camera locations and has 612 fixed cameras of 2 Megapixel (4 cameras at each location) and 153 PTZ cameras (1 camera at each location).
3. 10 locations are equipped with ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras which uses AI techniques for vehicle number recognition.
4. The network configuration uses Leased line Optical Fibre Communication from BSNL.
5. Various Encoders and Decoders are used to convert the electrical signal to optical signal and vice versa.
6. The Police Control Room has a server which stores the recorded data of past 30 days.
7. Apart from this the Police department has a Mobile Surveillance Vehicle which provides surveillance in those areas where fixed cameras are not available.
8. Importance of video wall and recording of live accident shown.
9. Importance of digital evidence and how the communication takes place between ODC (Outdoor Cabinet) to control room.
The students were accompanied by Prof. Samrat Ghosh and Prof. Mayank Soni from the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Thanks to the Principal Madam Dr. Jyoti Deshmukh, General Manager Mr. Rahul Mishra sir for their constant support and motivation & Prof. Mayank Nema for arranging this visit.